In October 2016, the Transportation Authority, in coordination with Caltrans and the Treasure Island Development Authority, opened the new westbound I-80 on- and off-ramps that connect Yerba Buena Island and Treasure Island to the Bay Bridge.
The project improved traffic safety, geometric design, and traffic operations on and near the ramps.
This project has received several achievement awards:
- 2018 Best Project, Highways/Bridges category, Engineering News-Record California (learn more)
- 2017 Interchange Project of the Year, California Transportation Foundation
- 2017 Transportation Project of the Year (over $50M), Construction Management Association of America, Northern California Chapter
- 2017 Merit Award, American Council of Engineering Companies
- 2017 Roadway & Highway Project of the Year, American Society of Civil Engineers (San Francisco Section)
- 2017 Outstanding Construction Project of the Year, American Society of Civil Engineers (Region 9)
The Yerba Buena Island I-80 East-Side Ramps project relocated the westbound exit ramp on the north side of I-80 and reconstructed the westbound entrance ramp on the north side of I-80 onto the Bay Bridge. This project was completed on schedule and opened to traffic in October 2016.
|Funding||Source Funding Amount|
|Federal Funds||(HBP) $80,382,781|
|State Funds||(Prop 1B) $9,611,555|
- Press release: New Westbound I-80 Yerba Buena Island On- and Off-Ramps Open to Traffic Saturday, Oct. 22 (PDF)
- Yerba Buena Island Ramps and Vista Point Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Yerba Buena Island I-80 East-side Ramps Fact Sheet (PDF)
- View maps: New on- and off-Ramps on the East Side of Yerba Buena Island (PDF) and all On- and Off-Ramps on YBI and Treasure Island (PDF)